Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Testimony (LIFE): Soaring the Eagle

Soaring The Eagle is a COMPULSORY for ALL Petronas Scholars !!!! Argh…. Why am I denied the chance of going back home. Miss my hometown, family and the food…a lot !! TREMENDOUSLY !!!! My chance to fly back to Sarawak was halted that moment.
STE File


It is going to be torturous, I’m so homesick !! at least that’s what I thought……. but I was totally stunned by the amazing activities held during the whole week in Port Dickson…

  Woah……. Just look at the beautiful dawn…Something you don’t see everyday
It had been a momentous week I enjoyed it so much that I reduced the level of my “homesick ailment” that had been plaguing me… I’ve met a NEW FRIEND
Stephen from Sibu, Sarawak.

Enjoying some picturesque scenes
 I enjoyed that every day from my room 



I had  a chance to swim everyday in the turquoise pool…!!
BACKSTROKE….
Had a great time with Seng [HAHAHAHAHA ] *I like that picture the MOST XD*

                                            

Hotel Food
The Hotel Casa Rachardo has the best food compared to any UTP’s café food. Of course, it’s hotel food. With spaghetti, mushroom food, fried rice and other scrumptious food available, people often rush to the café ASAP once the class ended. I was eating ravenously the first few days. I took and appreciated every chance I have with delicious food. It’s kinda sad because those delicious food can fill my stomach for one week only… L… Nevertheless, I was fortunate and satisfied with it XD

Hostel

It’s been 3 months since I slept in an air conditioned room. The room is SPECTACULAR, ASTOUNDING, and ABSOLUTELY PERFECT… (too bad… I didn’t have the picture). Clean bathroom and toilet, comfy bed, with THREE PILLOWS all belong to me since Seng only took one !!! wahaha… Too bad the air cond broke down the 2nd day. Haiz… Nevertheless, there was ANOTHER air cond in the living room. Seng and I slept there for the rest of the days ! 

Activities
My group: Mach 5

STE held interesting games to motivate the participants to excel in different aspects Namely, Mind, Relationship, Academic, Finance, Body and Spiritual. It gives inspiration and lesson learnt after each game to help us become a better person physically and mentally. The most touching scene shown during the spiritual themed activities is a movie called Simon Birch. A disabled boy who was looked down by everyone but he still holds firm his belief towards God.


Overall, STE is one of the best camp I’ve attended before and if given a chance again, I want to experience that again !!
[credit to the photographer, StephenXD]

No comments:

Post a Comment