Powered By Blogger

Thursday 15 November 2012

Road Freak


The whole atmosphere was stuck by an impact and rumbling noise woke me up. It was no story and the tense situation puts me in an action packed scene. It was a road accident and I am a part of it.

A few minutes earlier, I was sitting at the rear left of the van on the way back from Ipoh. I felt asleep due to fatigue. Then, I was forced awake and my reptilian brain face myself for the fright of my life. It felt like riding a downwards on a roller coaster and your body get a forward thrust. My instinct is to duck to the right for some reason that I was unclear off. I don’t know but I just did it. In the split seconds, so many random things happened simultaneously. The impact caused all our belongings to dash forward. Some people were screaming and people rushed out the van due to oil leakage. I was the last to follow suit and to realize the front left of the van has been pulverized.  

All of my friends were alright. My friend said a car appeared forward and there was no time to dodge it. Looking behind was a scene of wreckage. A kancil was badly misshapen, broken glass over the road, chaotic traffic and crowded people at the scene.

I couldn’t quite shake off the sensation of being in a road accident, get hit by something from the impact and luckily for me, I’m still conscious. On the contrary, some misfortunes are struck hard and fell into deep slumber and never wake up again. It really scary to feel that not knowing what hit you and your life just end in that way in a split second.

 It did strike me that if life just flies by at that moment, I would have no doubts of leaving that to destiny. Knowing how much I have did and did it to the fullest, living a life which I can stand proudly was a good reason for me not to leave any regrets behind. I didn’t commit any morally wrong actions and life my own life instead of living in others. Maybe dreams have not achieved but at least I have achieved the goals which I am capable of doing at this time.  It felt like the day my life flash before my eyes and I say I did the right things in life.

I gain insight of life and also a glimpse of death. That was rather fruitful for a Wednesday leisure trip. So glad I was a part of it. 

1 comment: